Monday, November 29, 2010

Onions OMG

Ok so I have this awful catch 22 situation.  I had a weekly pass that expired Saturday and my monthly pass doesn't start until Wednesday, so what is a girl to do?  Get a nasty bus driver.  Yes lord.  This woman was like, "Uh huh guess you'll be paying $1.60".  In my head I did and said alot but I simply smiled and said, "I guess you're right and laughed".  If you can't beat them join them right.  I was $.15 cents short and this nice woman gave it to me, again the community I love it, and so then I put all of my quarters, dimes, and nickels, and almost pennies lol, into the coin slot.  Then as I asked her how to purchase a daily pass, which let me tell you is not as convenient as NYC, she exclaimed, " What were you eating onions or something", me, "Yes I love them", bus lady, "Uh well I don't God I hate them", I think well at least she doesn't hide how she feels.  So I took my stinky breath and all my luggage to my seat.  Where I was quickly called back up by the bus driver to pick up a bag I'd dropped.  Yes ladies and gentleman your's truly had the floor on the bus.

Anyway I've been through it all and I will not let this daily pass stop my day.  So the nice lady who gave me the $.15 cents told me where to get a daily pass.  Ok I its my stop, Greenmount and 33rd, I don't see it.  I continue walking, I ask, "Do you know where I can get a daily", "No" he says.  "Excuse me do you know where I can get a daily", "Yes baby go two stores down to the liquor store".  Great into the liquor store I go.  "Excuse me how much are your daily bus passes", "Ahwhat we no havy no bussy passes heayur" the Korean guy exclaims, should've known.  I give up where's the atm, yes an MandT atm no fee for me.  So I take out $20.00, then I go into the slowest Rite Aid in the world.  Yes, you know the one hit by the recession with one cashier and of course the line is 3 people long and might as well be 15 people long by the way its moving.  And of course they are having a sale on alcohol so all the holics are there lined up with there bottles making sure that they are getting the correct price, and their cigarettes.  O I just need to buy this foil so that I can break my twenty and get on the bus.  Finally my turn.  She Gives me my change one ten dollar bill, one five dollar bill, and 3 ones, but I need $.50.  "O", she says, "I can't give you any change because I closed my drawer you are going to have to wait for the next customer".  There aren't any, its just me, ahhhhhhh.   Ok that last part happened in my head.  Then, "If you hurry up and go over there she can give you some", I go running like a slave who almost reaches victory. Yessa Yessa Ize a Comin.  Finally, I have the $.50.  And if it couldn't get worse, it didn't.

The bus was right outside, and you know that song by Alanis Morrisette, Isn't it Ironic, well guess what, big orange sign on top of where I would put my $3.50 that says not working.  Lord help me  and you know what's next....

Next Stop...

1 comment:

  1. You made me giggle, and I'm wondering if you went into that greenmount rite aid. yes lawd yous makin it sugah. I love it. So positive and now a zip car. Can't wait for that story.

    ReplyDelete