Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I think she's Mad

Last Tuesday I rode the 44 bus to my bible meeting.  It was around 7pm when the bus pulled up.  As we drove along the bus made its usual stop but the usual is not what got on the bus.  "Where they at the North Carolina B*****s, What about the Georgia B*****s, Where else they from D.C, Tennessee, Where else the H*** they from", this lady is screaming this at the top of her lungs.  Mad is what I thought she was but quickly realized I was wrong.  She continued shouting this at the man who was on the bus with her and at every passenger who got on or left the bus.  She was definitely insane. Honestly you couldn't tell who she was yelling at.

Like somebody would walk on the bus and she'd look right at them and say, " You North Carolina B88888s, what you looking at, M9999r F8888rs, always want something that's not your's".  Whoa, the language was off the chain and she's talking to strangers.  She looked like Celie from the color purple.  Big braids sporadically placed all over her head, her eyes were large.  The type of eyes that looked like they'd seen it and been through it all and never had they been dignified.  She and this man touched my heart.  He looked as if he'd done no wrong and that he just loved this crazy woman.  He tried to shush her but she just wouldn't stop.  I couldn't tell if she was just insane and wronged or just plain crazy.  The compassion in this man's eyes seemed as if he'd never done any wrong, as if he just wanted to help her through her episode.

Looking at this couple I realize that the bus is not only eventful and something to write about, but it's also a way of life for many.  Who am I to blog about this as if I am the only one who is Humble, Bus ridden, and Carless, but I figure if I don't tell the story who will.

Next Stop.....

No comments:

Post a Comment