Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Yo, Shaawty!

Since we've spoken alot has occured, but I had to tell you about this one incident.  So it's no secret that I'm half Baltimorian and half New Yorker.  In New York when the bus is full we move to the back.  The bus driver does not leave the stop until you do.  Okay Baltimore I love you but join the program.  Just because the back of the bus is higher does not mean you don't have to move back, We All Want To Get To Work!!!  Anyway the bus is full to the front, like people on the front steps of the bus, and this rare bus driver stops for me, they usually pass me by.   Wooohhhooo!   I am determined to fit.

So I start to move to the back of the bus with all my luggage, y'all know I have to be prepared, I have my change of clothes for my bible meeting in one bag, my lunch in another, my purse on my arm and my book bag on my back.  I say excuse me and this little boy doesn't want to move so I push pass.  "Yo YO Yo YOOO, Shawwty you oughtta be glad you a chic else."  Okay if you know me at all by now I have a big mouth, so in turn I say, " Else what you would've fought me, is that what you want to do fight me."  "Well I'm just saying if you weren't a chic I would have".  "Please boy you ain't about to do nothing, ain't nobody scared of you, I'll tell you what you are going to do have a wonderful day, this little incident means nothing, where I'm from everyone moves back!"  "Well down here you can get hurt for bumping someone like that"  " Boy please I'm from here to right down the hill, you will be ok, this won't mean nothing to you in a few, besides there are enough black men in jail already"  He just sighs.

I mean am I wrong, these little kids always trying to talk tough, get out of here, no one is scared of you.  Move to the back so everyone can get to work, put a smile on your miserable face and keep it moving.  Really people, we don't own the bus we share it with others, DO YOU FEEL ME?

No comments:

Post a Comment