Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Stripper?????

I left school at about 2pm and caught the 22 where I transfer to the 8 on York Rd.  While on the number 8 3 people are speaking of the 5 strip clubs that burned down.  Wow, 5 strip clubs burned down and "the block", as the part of Baltimore St. with the strip clubs is referred to, has been shut down for the whole week.

I had no idea, I immediately think of my cousin who is a Bouncer outside of one of the strip clubs on "the block".  I call him to make sure he still has a job.  Meanwhile, everyone around me is listening in.  "Hey I just heard some strip clubs burned down is your job ok", I ask my cousin and he replies, "Nah it was the one's across the street I'm good but it's shut down so I've been getting better with this flu I have."  I'm so happy he has a job he just got it and we all need to work.  But he goes on to speak and tell me how he's doing some side work, so I say, "OOOOhhhh side work, come over my house and do some please".  "Well what do you need done", he asks, "Ummh just my vanity, no also rake the leaves, clean out the shop vac, sand and paint downstairs, a window is broken, and my pictures hung."

All of a sudden the 2 women and man around me bust out laughing, " You want a stripper to do all that. Girl you started out with a vanity and then you named everything under the kitchen sink."  They were all cracking up.  I started laughing to and told them that it wasn't a stripper that he was a bouncer outside, and they were like that is so funny we just knew you were talking to a stripper.  So they said, "Baby you gonna have to cough up more than twenty dollars", and I said, "I know I realize after I mentioned the vanity, which I thought was going to be the only thing, and my list continued that I would probably have to give him more".  And the lady said, "Well baby as long as you getting it done", then she started laughing again to herself mumbling stripper under her breath.

These people were all in my conversation and I didn't mind.  It was funny though.  Can you imagine a stripper doing all of these things.  A handyman by day and a stripper by night, the the thought was so funny I just had to join them in the laughter.  Boy do I love my City, and this surely brightened my day.

Next Stop... Regester Ave.

2 comments:

  1. Stay Safe, Stay warm. I just recently started working in Baltimore, but i'm going to keep my car!

    ReplyDelete