Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Rep Where You're From

Ok when is the last time you were on a bus with the kids of today?  Well I just had this experience.  Interestingly, you don't know whether to be afraid for your life or laugh.  Funny is not the word.  Like these kids are really proud of their neighborhoods. It's like some type of local patriotism.  I guess it shows they take an interest in their environment.  All I heard was a bunch of dudes repping, or representing their hoods, "Yo that's them Cherry Hill Ni88as right there yo let's get them Ni88as, they not about it anyway, let's jump them Ni88as yo", and then the retort, " Whateva Nig88s we Cherry Hill all day son what it is, Yo Brandon they saying we pussies yo, they saying we can't handle ourselves, what you wanna do son," and Brandon says, "I don't have nothing to do with those Ni88as they don't mean anything to me", and the retort, " Yeah that's cause we Park Heights all day, y'all Chery Hill Y'all can't f88k wit us." 


This went on for the rest of the bus ride until I got off.  Now in my mind I didn't know whether to be proud they knew the name of their neighborhood or afraid that something was going to actually pop off.  It seemed like some type of play or game between them.  I mean they all got on the bus together just fine and they were laughing, but you never know.  You have to be careful because I've learned what starts out as fun can quickly turn into chaos.  So I got off at my stop and said a quick prayer that no more black men went to jail once I got off and continued my journey,  got to love the children.

Next stop...

No comments:

Post a Comment